2007-10-06

C'n'P-Adventure-Reflection

  Okay, I've completed the demo of Jack Keane a few days ago and I must say that I really enjoyed it after its first half, despite the not so deep and rich character development and story I had hoped for. It probably would have been better if the ugly 3D-graphics had been replaced with beautiful 2D-illustrations IMHO but I guess that just wouldn't be appropriate in regard of "visual state of the art" ... anyway, the synchronisation was pretty satisfying, much better than I feared after watching the trailers, with a lot of recognizable voices but I would rather hear some new voices than the one's I already know and have associations with. But that's just the problem of the set of voice actors in this country which has next to nothing to do with the game itself. The control system has been reduced to a mere two button scenario, one for examination, the other one for the usual use / take item; talk but it was everything the game needed, really. What I just can't decide is whether this is a progression or a regression in regard of earlier classic Click'n'Point-Adventure-Games ... nevertheless, I think I'll give the full game a try. Although I can't say I support this method of game development where more time and money has been spent on voice acting than on characters and story. [...]
(show me)

Labels: ,