2009-09-25

The Curious Case Of My Malevolent Machine

 I had a problem, a problem with the internet. Or maybe the internet had a problem with me - either way, my online options were pretty restricted, but curiously not fully. That's what troubled me for the last few weeks: how could I connect to the internet just a little bit?

Long story short: a new router fixed the problem - so I guess the old router was broken? Anyway, luckily I had a spare machine that was catching dust for over a year. One hardware reconfiguration and one dreaded call later I could access the wide space of the iNets again. With all my machines.

But how do you recognize that it's the routers fault and not the one of the application, server, user, cable, driver, et cetera? To remind myself of this colorful event and maybe to aid those who have similar problems with their internet connectivity I decided to blog-psot about it. Well, short story long: what follows are my notes that I created in the process of dealing with this freak situation. [...]
(show me)

Labels: ,