2007-10-16

Updating from Dapper Drake to Nullified Nirvana

Yaaaay, I crashed my Ubuntu again. Jooooooy \(-.- )/

In a ridiculously unnecessary attempt to upgrade my distribution from Dapper Drake to Feisty Fawn I found out that I have to go all the steps in between, meaning to first install Edgy Eft before installing the even newer Version Feisty Fawn. So I launched the Ubuntu Update Manager which downloaded a load of files for about an incredible hour, just to watch another half an hour in front of the monitor not being able to do anything because it has to install the downloaded packages, of course ... well, about 6 minutes before having finished this blatant process I notice the icons of my desktop's folders being at least twice as big - and several errors in the log of the process.

Of course, now I don't know those errors anymore ... nevertheless the Update Manager seemed to have said "Good Bye" as it didn't respond to any of my commands or yellings forcing me to hit the reset button. Great. Now the bootup doesn't reach the command line, meaning I can start loading Ubuntu and watch it never finishing it.

Hoooraaaay ... but "updating this great OS ist just *that* easy" ...

Labels: ,