2008-03-09

Sam Kieth's The Maxx

Just watched The Maxx. In all its creepiness: this is one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. I hope this is not merely a temporary after-effect of recently finishing this masterpiece - like just moments after watching Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith when I thought that this movie was the best episode of the whole double trilogy, or "sixology" as I like to call it. And few days later when I re-rolled the film in my head I realized how stupid and inapproriate the glorification was. This happens to me all the time. Anyway, about The Maxx: a nice little fairy tale for broken minds. Not too long, not worth a sequel or two. Just a short journey into shattered worlds, filthy insanity, dream & realism dualism, as well as psychopath superiority told in a stylish way and with spectacular cinematography.

I felt home when I watched it.

This is also a good read if you're interested in more stuff, like the deeper logic behind it, although it is a fan interpretation IINM, so don't buy all of it just the way it comes. I, myself, interpreted the story a little bit differently, but this alternative point of view was more than welcome to me.

Labels: ,